Stop your imagination and face reality! Do you often dream of having eye to eye contact with a shark or do you imagine yourself in the flooded forest of Amazon? These dreams can all come true in the Shedd Aquarium.
Considered as the leader in the aquarium and zoo profession, this is the largest aquarium in the whole world. The aquarium is considered one of Chicago’s historic landmarks.
Shedd Aquarium was primarly created to offer inspiration, information, and entertainment to those people who love being with animals. It is now promoting animal conservation and teaches global environmental awareness.
Here are some of the things you will see at the Shedd Aquarium
- Animals from the Amazon – piranhas, tarantulas, stingrays, and monkeys
- Caribbean Reef – a green sea turtle, a moray eel, a diver feeding the animals
- A polar play zone – a playplace and place for kids to dress up and learn hands-on
- Wild Reef – sharks, stingrays and live coral
- The Abbott Oceanarium – the vibrant coastal ecosystem of the Pacific Northwest
- Over 32,000 Animals
A Visit to the Shedd Aquarium is Easy
- There are coin-operated lockers available.
- Handicapped parking area are available and wheelchairs are available for rent.
- Nursing areas are available.
How Long Should You Plan for your Visit
The Shedd Aquarium is definintely something that you should visit while in Chicago. If you are visiting with childern, you should probably plan for at least a half day to really see and enjoy the aquarium.
Enjoy this list of all Chicago Attractions ranked by popularity of visitor reviews.
Read the Aquarium Reviews on TripAdvisor
1200 S. Lakeshore Drive
Chicago, Il 60605
Visit the Aquarium website for more information.